Kentucky Chickens

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jamesBlackAustralorp, Feb 3, 2017.

1. jamesBlackAustralorp

jamesBlackAustralorp New Member

These are mutts to clarify three roosters one is hybrid of Rhode island red rooster and black Australorp hen and the others are black Australorp rooster and black Australorp hen and mother is got something else in her idk what but the red rooster is five dollars and two little black ones are too the black ones have blue egg gene from something idk if you can message on here I think you can so if you have any questions message me

Attached Files:

2. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice looking chickens but your pen is way too small.Chickens need a lot of room.Too small of an enclosure makes chickens sick and dirty.They need room to run and flap their wings.They need clean areas to dirt bathe and lay in the sun.They need space just like people!!!

3. jamesBlackAustralorp

Uh you really think it's that small it's 8ft long and 3 1/2 feet long plus I clean it out once a week a average chicken no five square feet they are only
    4 months old about half the size of a full grown chicken

4. jamesBlackAustralorp

Not counting the house

5. jamesBlackAustralorp

Oh it's temporary too

6. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

It's always fun to build more coop, more pen, more!!!!

7. chickenqueen

Chickens need a lot of room,the more there is the better.Have you thought of putting perches up in the pen for the chickens to jump on and learn to roost.In my grow out pen I put tree branches up and milk crates to sit on so they can get off the ground.They love it!!!I usually start them off w/ perches in the brooder,they start jumping up on them at 2-3 weeks old.Start them off low and raise the perches as they grow.It's fun to watch them figure it out but they do w/o help from me.

8. jamesBlackAustralorp

I keep roosting poles in the house when the hens are still brooding and after I let one hen out with chicks when they were 4, weeks old the climbed up a 20 foot branch still connected to the tree then jumped 2 ft on to another I know what I'm doing thankyou for what you said but I already knew that

9. chickenqueen

Put a couple out in the run.too.I watch the juveniles jumping on and off all day long out in the grow out pen.

10. Feathered

Feathered New Member

Love the good advice on this site! Chickens are so fun and addictive happy chickens lay happy eggs

11. jamesBlackAustralorp

I have poles in the run

12. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 New Member

I have a very pretty rooster, but he doesn't like my husband, every time my husband goes into feed them he comes after his legs I need to sale him will sale for 15.00 also have 3 that were born around Easter will sell for 10.00

13. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 New Member

ImageUploadedByChicken Forum1500910646.999049.jpg rooster for sale