Chicken Forum 2017 Community Update

Discussion in 'Announcements and Support' started by Austin, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Austin

Austin Administrator

Hello, my fellow chicken enthusiasts,

I've had some questions and I figured it best to answer them here.

As you might have noticed we have updated the color scheme, and logo you might be used to based on the feedback a number of you gave. However, the heart of this great community remains!

Why did we do this? The software we were running was getting older, and no longer offering updates. To stay secure, and work with the ever changing technology, we had to update. It's easier to do most of what you guys are used to doing, posting, uploading photos, talking about chickens, no matter the device you might be on from a laptop, tablet or phone.

I know change can be difficult at first, but we do have the team here to help, and anything a mod can't answer ChickenAdmin (Chris), and I can. I will be on throughout the weekend to field questions and make sure things are running as they are supposed to, so if you have any questions, complaints, or concerns, please feel free to post them or start a conversation with me.

Chris has put together a series of brief tutorials on how to use the new community software and I ask you all take a minute to look it over and watch the videos. Here's a link to it:

http://www.chickenforum.com/threads/welcome-to-chickenforum-com-a-users-guide-to-the-site.12589/

If you still have questions after that please feel free to start a thread in this section or contact me through conversation (PM) and I will get them answered.

It's a new age for Chicken Forum, and I welcome you to help us in building a brighter Chicken community.

Austin

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. havasu

havasu Administrator Staff Member

Trust me.... once you get use to this format, it is way better than the old vB system.

3. Maryellen

Maryellen Active Member

I'm starting to like it lol.. it's easy to navigate now. I just don't like getting kicked off and having to sign back in sometimes, but even that is not so bad

Sent from my SM-G900V using Chicken Forum mobile app

4. Austin

Austin Administrator

Tell me more. I see you're posting from a mobile device. Is that what you're getting kicked off of and how often does it happen?

casportpony likes this.
  5. Austin

Austin Administrator

I'm now testing from a mobile device. We'll see if I get kicked off.

Sent from my XT1052 using Chicken Forum mobile app

6. nannypattyrn

nannypattyrn Active Member

I haven't had any more problems once I got back to my own Wi-Fi and got my right PW in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Chicken Forum mobile app

7. Austin

Austin Administrator

8. Austin

Austin Administrator

If you're getting logged out of a mobile device please uninstall then reinstall the app. That's the first step in support.

9. Maryellen

Maryellen Active Member

Yes I use my android phone. Sometimes it kicks me off. Not alot thankfully

Sent from my SM-G900V using Chicken Forum mobile app

10. nannypattyrn

My phone and tablet are Android and have had minimal problems. We've been out of town for a week and the WiFi wouldn't connect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Chicken Forum mobile app

11. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

Patty, they changed the wifi where hubs spends most of his time. It no longer requires a password, my Iphone and my Kindle will not connect to the wifi because of it. His Samsung tablet will connect though.

12. nannypattyrn

That's just crazy! We are the same way only I'm the one with the Samsung.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Chicken Forum mobile app

13. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain

The Xenforo platform rocks! I'm a member of 5 other sites that use this platform. This will be much better than the old one. :D

ChickenAdmin and Austin like this.
  14. havasu

Thanks! We like it too!

Austin likes this.
  15. casportpony

I *love* the colors!

ChickenAdmin likes this.
  16. havasu

Yeah, my black and white avatar needed some color, so I decided to change it.

ChickenAdmin likes this.
  17. casportpony

I like it!

18. Austin

Austin Administrator

If you're getting logged out of the app, which I have not been able to duplicate, please uninstall then reinstall the app. That's always going to be the first step to support.

If it's still an issue after that please let me know.

19. robin416

I see one thing followed us, the inadvertent duplicate. I'm not doing anything with it so you can see. Happened to me the other day. I thought it was my slow connection, maybe it wasn't after all.

20. Austin

Austin Administrator

We're still working on the servers. It should be fixed by Friday. That's what I'm being told.

21. robin416

I think my only concern is that some might show up, not be able to log in and give up on us. I noticed that dawg hasn't been on at all. Maybe not since the change.

BTW, as much as I hate change. This one was worth the learning curve.